- Beetroot – 1 No (large sized)
- Grated Coconut (തേങ്ങ ചിരണ്ടിയത്) – ½ Cup
- Shallot (ചെറിയ ഉള്ളി) – 4 Nos
- Garlic (വെളുത്തുള്ളി) – 4 Cloves
- Green chilli (പച്ചമുളക്) – 3 Nos
- Turmeric powder (മഞ്ഞള്പൊടി) – 1 pinch
- Mustard seeds (കടുക്) – ½ Tea Spoon
- Curry leaves (കറിവേപ്പില) – 1 Sprig
- Cooking oil (എണ്ണ) – 1½ Table spoon
- Salt (ഉപ്പ്) – to taste
- Peel and grate/chop the beetroot finely. Slice the shallots.
- Grind grated coconut, garlic, green chilli and turmeric powder coarsely without adding water.
- Heat 1½ table spoon cooking oil in a non-stick pan and put mustard seeds. When it splutters, to this add shallots, curry leaves, chopped beetroot, ground mix, salt and a little water (2 table spoon). Combine well and cook it covered (about 6-8 minutes) on low heat till done. Don’t forget to give a stir in between.
- Open the lid and cook it for 1-2 minutes to make it dry. Stir it occasionally. Taste for salt.
- Remove from the flame and transfer to the serving dish.
Author: Shaan Geo
Myself, Shaan Geo basically a Software Engineer started my career in IT Industry. I have had a passion for food and cooking from an early age. This habit made me keep an eye out for the new variants of food and the different cuisines where ever I go. According to me cooking is an equal-opportunity talent and I find that anybody can cook. It is not limited by the age, profession, caste, colour or creed of a person. What is needed is the love for cooking. For me passion for cooking does not stop in the kitchen, when I travel, I continue to be inspired by eating in some of the best restaurants around the world.