- Rice (preferably basmati rice) – 2 Cup
- Chicken (cleaned) – ½ kg
- Onion (സവോള) – 2 Nos
- Green chilli (പച്ചമുളക്) – 3 Nos
- Coriander leaves (മല്ലി ഇല) – 4 Sprigs
- Curd / Yogurt (തൈര്) – 2 Table spoon
- Ginger-Garlic paste (ഇഞ്ചി-വെളുത്തുള്ളി അരച്ചത്) – 1 Table spoon
- Black pepper powder (കുരുമുളകുപൊടി) – ½ Table spoon
- Cinnamon (കറുവാപ്പട്ട) – 1 Inch piece
- Clove (ഗ്രാമ്പു) – 4 Nos
- Cardamom (ഏലക്കാ) – 3 Nos
- Coriander powder (മല്ലിപ്പൊടി) – 2 Tea spoon
- Turmeric powder (മഞ്ഞള്പൊടി) – 1 Pinch
- Garam Masala (ഗരം മസാല) – ¼ Tea spoon
- Cooking oil (എണ്ണ) – 2 Table spoon
- Water – 3½ Cup
- Salt – to taste
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces, clean it, drain off the water and keep aside.
- Ginger-garlic paste, pepper powder, curd and salt should be made as a paste.
- Marinate chicken pieces with this paste and keep aside for minimum 20 minutes.
- Wash rice, drain it and keep aside.
- Chop the onion and coriander leaves. Slit the green chillies length wise.
- Heat 2 table spoon of oil in a non-stick cooking vessel. Put cinnamon, cloves and green cardamoms. Stir it for 30 seconds.
- Put onion, green chilli and salt. Sauté it well.
- When the onions turns golden brown, reduce the heat and put coriander powder, turmeric powder and garam masala. Stir it for 1 minute.
- To this, add marinated chicken pieces and half of the chopped coriander leaves. Sauté on a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Proceed to add rice and mix it well.
- Pour 3½ cup of water into it and combine well. Put salt to taste. Turn the heat to high and bring it to a boil.
- Now, reduce the heat and cook it covered about 15 minutes.
- Chicken pulao is ready. Turn off the heat and put remaining coriander leaves. Let it closed for another 10 minutes allowing all the spices to steep into it.
- Serve hot with salad/raita and enjoy the chicken pulao.
2) Cooking oil and be replaced by ghee or butter.
Author: Shaan Geo
Myself, Shaan Geo basically a Software Engineer started my career in IT Industry. I have had a passion for food and cooking from an early age. This habit made me keep an eye out for the new variants of food and the different cuisines where ever I go. According to me cooking is an equal-opportunity talent and I find that anybody can cook. It is not limited by the age, profession, caste, colour or creed of a person. What is needed is the love for cooking. For me passion for cooking does not stop in the kitchen, when I travel, I continue to be inspired by eating in some of the best restaurants around the world.
Click here to download the free Android Application of this website.
ഈ വെബ്സൈറ്റിന്റെ സൗജന്യ ആന്ഡ്രോയ്ഡ് മൊബൈൽ ആപ്ലിക്കേഷന് ഡൗണ്ലോഡ് ചെയ്യുന്നതിന് ഇവിടെ ക്ലിക്ക് ചെയ്യുക.