- Mutton (ആട്ടിറച്ചി) – 1 kg
- Split bengal gram (Chana dal / കടലപ്പരിപ്പ്) – 1 Cup
- Split green gram (Moong dal / ചെറുപയറുപരിപ്പ്) – ¼ Cup
- Split red lentil (Masoor dal / ചുവന്നപരിപ്പ്) – ½ Cup
- Tamarind pulp (വാളന്പുളി പള്പ്പ്) – 4 Table spoon
- Coriander powder (മല്ലിപ്പൊടി) – 2+1 Table Spoon
- Turmeric powder (മഞ്ഞള്പൊടി) – 1½ Tea spoon
- Cumin powder (ജീരകംപൊടി) – 1 Tea spoon
- Cumin seeds (ജീരകം) – 1 Tea spoon
- Cinnamon (കറുവാപ്പട്ട) – 4 Inch piece
- Clove (ഗ്രാമ്പു) – 10 Nos
- Cardamom (ഏലക്കാ) – 8 Nos
- Green chilli (പച്ചമുളക്) – 8 Nos
- Ginger-Garlic paste (ഇഞ്ചി-വെളുത്തുള്ളി അരച്ചത്) – 1 Table spoon
- Garlic (വെളുത്തുള്ളി) – 15 Cloves
- Onion (സവോള) – 4 Nos (medium size)
- Coriander leaves (മല്ലി ഇല) – 4 Sprigs
- Curry leaves (കറിവേപ്പില) – 2 Sprigs
- Cooking oil (എണ്ണ) – 4 Table Spoon
- Ghee (നെയ്യ്) – 4 Table spoon
- Salt (ഉപ്പ്) – to taste
- Cut mutton into small pieces, wash and drain it.
- Chop onions, garlic (15 Cloves) and coriander leaves. Slit green chilli length wise.
- Wash split bengal gram, split green gram, split red lentil. Soak in water for 30 minutes and drain it.
- Pressure cook it by adding turmeric powder (½ tea spoon), salt and water (4 cups).
- Mash it and keep aside.
- Heat 4 table spoons of cooking oil in a vessel and put cinnamon, cloves and cardamom. Stir it for few seconds and proceed to add ginger-garlic paste, green chilli and onion one after another. Saute it in a medium flame.
- When it turns golden brown, put coriander powder (2 table spoon) and turmeric powder (1 tea spoon). Stir it for 1 minute. Add mutton, curry leaves and salt as needed. Increase the heat and stir it for 3 minutes. Add 4 cups of water, combine well and cook it covered till done. (When it starts boiling reduce the heat to medium).
- Add the cooked and mashed dal (lentils) into the prepared mutton. Combine well and cook it for 5 minutes.
- Heat 4 table spoons of ghee in a cooking pan. Reduce the heat to low and put cumin seeds. When it splutter, add chopped garlic and stir it for 1 minute. Put 1 table spoon of coriander powder and 1 tea spoon of cumin powder. Stir well for few seconds.
- Add this to the prepared Dalcha along with the tamarind pulp and cook it for another 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
2) Adjust the spices according to your taste.
Author: Shaan Geo
Myself, Shaan Geo basically a Software Engineer started my career in IT Industry. I have had a passion for food and cooking from an early age. This habit made me keep an eye out for the new variants of food and the different cuisines where ever I go. According to me cooking is an equal-opportunity talent and I find that anybody can cook. It is not limited by the age, profession, caste, colour or creed of a person. What is needed is the love for cooking. For me passion for cooking does not stop in the kitchen, when I travel, I continue to be inspired by eating in some of the best restaurants around the world.
Click here to download the free Android Application of this website.
ഈ വെബ്സൈറ്റിന്റെ സൗജന്യ ആന്ഡ്രോയ്ഡ് മൊബൈൽ ആപ്ലിക്കേഷന് ഡൗണ്ലോഡ് ചെയ്യുന്നതിന് ഇവിടെ ക്ലിക്ക് ചെയ്യുക.