- Fish (മീന്) – 250 gm (Boneless preferred)
- Tomato (തക്കാളി) – 2 Nos
- Onion (സവോള) – 1 No
- Ginger (ഇഞ്ചി) – 1 Inch piece
- Garlic (വെളുത്തുള്ളി) – 6 Cloves
- Curry leaves (കറിവേപ്പില) – 1 Sprig
- Kashmiri Chilli powder (കാശ്മീരി മുളകുപൊടി) – 1 Table spoon
- Turmeric powder (മഞ്ഞള്പൊടി) – 1 Pinch
- Mustard seeds (കടുക്) – ½ Tea Spoon
- Cooking oil (എണ്ണ) – 3 Table spoon
- Salt (ഉപ്പ്) – To taste
- Clean the fish and cut it into small pieces. (½ inch size)
- Chop tomatoes, onion, ginger and garlic and keep aside.
- Heat 3 table spoon of cooking oil in a non-stick frying pan and put mustard seeds. When it begins to splutter reduce the flame and add garlic, onion, ginger and salt one by one and saute it.
- When the onions turns golden brown put chilli and turmeric powders and stir it for 1 minute.
- Add chopped tomatoes, fish and curry leaves into it. Combine well and cook it covered in a medium flame till done. (about 10 minutes)
- Open the lid and cook it for another 1-2 minutes to make it dry. Stir it occasionally. Taste for salt.
- Remove from the flame and transfer to the serving dish.
Author: Shaan Geo
Myself, Shaan Geo basically a Software Engineer started my career in IT Industry. I have had a passion for food and cooking from an early age. This habit made me keep an eye out for the new variants of food and the different cuisines where ever I go. According to me cooking is an equal-opportunity talent and I find that anybody can cook. It is not limited by the age, profession, caste, colour or creed of a person. What is needed is the love for cooking. For me passion for cooking does not stop in the kitchen, when I travel, I continue to be inspired by eating in some of the best restaurants around the world.