- Ripe Plantain – 3 Nos
- Egg – 4 No
- Sugar – 4 Table spoons
- Cardamom powder – ½ Tea spoon
- Cashew nuts – 15 Nos
- Raisins – 15 Nos
- Ghee – 2 Table spoon
- Peel the plantains and cut it into small pieces.
- Heat 2 table spoons of ghee in a non-stick sauce pan.
- Fry the cashew nuts and raisins separately until they turn golden in colour. Keep them aside.
- To the same pan (in the remaining ghee), add plantain pieces and sauté them well.
- Turn off the flame and allow the pan to cool down.
- Put the eggs, sugar and cardamom powder in a bowl and whisk them well.
- Pour this egg mixture into the pan that contains the sautéed plantain. Combine it and top the mixture with fried cashew nuts and raisins.
- Cook this mixture covered in a very low flame for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and cut it into pie shaped pieces.
- Kaipola is ready to serve.
Author: Shaan Geo
Myself, Shaan Geo basically a Software Engineer started my career in IT Industry. I have had a passion for food and cooking from an early age. This habit made me keep an eye out for the new variants of food and the different cuisines where ever I go. According to me cooking is an equal-opportunity talent and I find that anybody can cook. It is not limited by the age, profession, caste, colour or creed of a person. What is needed is the love for cooking. For me passion for cooking does not stop in the kitchen, when I travel, I continue to be inspired by eating in some of the best restaurants around the world.