Kerala Beef Curry
Kerala Beef Curry
- Beef – 1 kg
- Coriander powder (മല്ലിപ്പൊടി) – 3 Table Spoon
- Chilli powder (മുളകുപൊടി) – 1 Table spoon
- Meat Masala (ഇറച്ചി മസാല) – 1 Table spoon
- Turmeric powder (മഞ്ഞള്പൊടി) – ½ Tea spoon
- Ginger (ഇഞ്ചി) – 1 Inch piece
- Garlic (വെളുത്തുള്ളി) – 5 Cloves
- Shallot (ചെറിയ ഉള്ളി) – 25 Nos
- Curry leaves (കറിവേപ്പില) – 1 Sprig
- Coconut milk (തേങ്ങ പാല്) – 1½ Cup
- Coconut Oil (വെളിച്ചെണ്ണ) – 3 Table Spoon
- Mustard seeds (കടുക്) – ½ Tea Spoon
- Salt (ഉപ്പ്) – To taste
- Cut beef into small pieces, wash and drain it.
- Heat coriander powder and chilli powder in a frying pan on a low flame.
- Pressure cook beef along with half of roasted powders (step 2), ½ tea spoon of turmeric powder and salt.
- When you hear the first whistle, reduce the flame to low and wait for the second whistle. Turn of the fire and wait till the pressure settles. (Do not drain it)
- Slice shallots and chop ginger & garlic.
- Heat 3 table spoon of coconut oil in a cooking pan and put mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds begin to sputter, reduce the flame to medium. Put garlic, ginger and shallots one by one and saute it.
- When it turns golden brown, add remaining roasted powders (step 2) and 1 table spoon of meat masala. Stir it for 1 minute.
- To this, add cooked beef along with the gravy and mix it well. Add curry leaves and boil it for few minutes. Now, reduce the flame and pour coconut milk into it. Combine it well and remove from the flame before it starts boiling. (Take care not to overheat it after adding coconut milk). Taste for salt.
- Kerala beef curry is ready for serving. Transfer to the serving dish.
Author: Shaan Geo
Myself, Shaan Geo basically a Software Engineer started my career in IT Industry. I have had a passion for food and cooking from an early age. This habit made me keep an eye out for the new variants of food and the different cuisines where ever I go. According to me cooking is an equal-opportunity talent and I find that anybody can cook. It is not limited by the age, profession, caste, colour or creed of a person. What is needed is the love for cooking. For me passion for cooking does not stop in the kitchen, when I travel, I continue to be inspired by eating in some of the best restaurants around the world.
Click here to download the free Android Application of this website.
ഈ വെബ്സൈറ്റിന്റെ സൗജന്യ ആന്ഡ്രോയ്ഡ് മൊബൈൽ ആപ്ലിക്കേഷന് ഡൗണ്ലോഡ് ചെയ്യുന്നതിന് ഇവിടെ ക്ലിക്ക് ചെയ്യുക.