Kerala Beef Fry
Kerala Beef Fry
- Beef – 1 kg
- Coriander powder (മല്ലിപ്പൊടി) – 1 Table Spoon
- Chilli powder (മുളകുപൊടി) – 1 Table spoon
- Meat Masala (ഇറച്ചി മസാല) – 1 Table spoon
- Pepper powder (കുരുമുളകുപൊടി) – 1 Tea Spoon
- Turmeric powder (മഞ്ഞള്പൊടി) – ½ Tea spoon
- Ginger (ഇഞ്ചി) – 1 Inch piece
- Garlic (വെളുത്തുള്ളി) – 5 Cloves
- Shallot (ചെറിയ ഉള്ളി) – 8 Nos
- Curry leaves (കറിവേപ്പില) – 3 Sprigs
- Thinly sliced Coconut (തേങ്ങാക്കൊത്ത്) – ¼ Cup (Optional)
- Mustard seeds (കടുക്) – ½ Tea Spoon
- Ghee (നെയ്യ്) – 3 Table spoon
- Salt (ഉപ്പ്) – To taste
- Cut beef into small pieces, wash and drain it.
- Slice shallots. Chop ginger and garlic.
- Pressure cook beef along with coriander powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- When you hear the first whistle, reduce the flame to low and wait for the second whistle. Turn of the fire and let the pressure settle.
- When the pressure settles, open the lid and heat until it is almost dry.
- Heat 3 table spoon of ghee in a cooking pan and put mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds begin to sputter, reduce the flame to medium. Put thinly sliced coconut pieces and fry it for 2 minute (optional).
- Add garlic, ginger, shallots and curry leaves one by one. Saute it by adding a little salt.
- When it turns golden brown, put 1 table spoon of meat masala and stir it for 1 minute.
- Now, add cooked beef into it and mix it well. Heat until it is dry (stir occasionally). When it becomes dry put 1 tea spoon of black pepper powder and combine it well. Taste for salt.
- Kerala beef fry is ready for serving. Transfer to the serving dish. Garnish it with coriander leaves and onion slices (if required).
Author: Shaan Geo
Myself, Shaan Geo basically a Software Engineer started my career in IT Industry. I have had a passion for food and cooking from an early age. This habit made me keep an eye out for the new variants of food and the different cuisines where ever I go. According to me cooking is an equal-opportunity talent and I find that anybody can cook. It is not limited by the age, profession, caste, colour or creed of a person. What is needed is the love for cooking. For me passion for cooking does not stop in the kitchen, when I travel, I continue to be inspired by eating in some of the best restaurants around the world.
Click here to download the free Android Application of this website.
ഈ വെബ്സൈറ്റിന്റെ സൗജന്യ ആന്ഡ്രോയ്ഡ് മൊബൈൽ ആപ്ലിക്കേഷന് ഡൗണ്ലോഡ് ചെയ്യുന്നതിന് ഇവിടെ ക്ലിക്ക് ചെയ്യുക.