Kerala Fish Fry
Kerala Fish Fry
- Fish (മീൻ) – ½ kg (Any fish)
- Ginger (ഇഞ്ചി) – 1 Inch piece
- Garlic (വെളുത്തുള്ളി) – 8 Cloves
- Black Pepper (കുരുമുളക്) – 1 Tea Spoon
- Chilli powder (മുളകുപൊടി) – 1½ Table Spoon
- Turmeric powder (മഞ്ഞൾപൊടി) – 1 pinch
- Curry leaves (കറിവേപ്പില) – 1 Sprig
- Mustard seeds (കടുക്) – ½ Tea Spoon
- Lemon juice (നാരങ്ങാ നീര്) – ½ Table Spoon
- Coconut Oil (വെളിച്ചെണ്ണ) – 3 Table Spoon
- Salt (ഉപ്പ്) – to taste
- Whole steaks or cut the fish into equal size pieces. Clean and drain it well.
- Grind ginger, garlic, pepper, chilli powder, turmeric powder, mustard seeds, curry leaves, lemon juice and salt into a paste.
- Marinate fish pieces with the ground paste and keep it aside for at-least 30 minutes.
- Heat coconut oil in a frying pan and fry marinated fish pieces by turning both sides on a medium flame.
- Kerala fish fry is ready for serving. Serve it hot with onion rings and lemon wedges.
2) If the fish pieces are large, make shallow cut marks on it with a sharp knife, so that the marinade is absorbed easily.
Author: Shaan Geo
Myself, Shaan Geo basically a Software Engineer started my career in IT Industry. I have had a passion for food and cooking from an early age. This habit made me keep an eye out for the new variants of food and the different cuisines where ever I go. According to me cooking is an equal-opportunity talent and I find that anybody can cook. It is not limited by the age, profession, caste, colour or creed of a person. What is needed is the love for cooking. For me passion for cooking does not stop in the kitchen, when I travel, I continue to be inspired by eating in some of the best restaurants around the world.