- Cucumber (Yellow cucumber / വെള്ളരിയ്ക്ക) – 2 Cups (Chopped)
- Grated coconut (തേങ്ങ ചിരണ്ടിയത്) – 1 Cup
- Curd / Yogurt (തൈര്) – 1 Cup
- Green chilli (പച്ചമുളക്) – 3 Nos
- Curry leaves (കറിവേപ്പില) – 1 Sprig
- Mustard seeds (കടുക്) – 1½ Tea Spoon
- Coconut Oil (വെളിച്ചെണ്ണ) – ½ Table Spoon
- Salt (ഉപ്പ്) – to taste
- Cut the cucumber and green chillies into small pieces.
- Grind together the grated coconut, 1 tea spoon of mustard seeds and ½ cup of curd.
- Cook the cucumber in a covered vessel by adding green chillies, salt and 1 cup of water. (medium heat)
- Turn off the heat when it is cooked well. Add the ground mix and remaining ½ cup of curd. Combine well.
- Heat ½ table spoon of coconut oil in a cooking pan and put ½ tea spoon of mustard seeds. When it splutters, reduce the heat and put curry leaves (1 sprig). Stir it for few seconds and add this to the prepared kichadi.
- Transfer to the serving dish.
Author: Shaan Geo
Myself, Shaan Geo basically a Software Engineer started my career in IT Industry. I have had a passion for food and cooking from an early age. This habit made me keep an eye out for the new variants of food and the different cuisines where ever I go. According to me cooking is an equal-opportunity talent and I find that anybody can cook. It is not limited by the age, profession, caste, colour or creed of a person. What is needed is the love for cooking. For me passion for cooking does not stop in the kitchen, when I travel, I continue to be inspired by eating in some of the best restaurants around the world.