- Ripe mango (മാമ്പഴം) – 3 Nos (small)
- Grated coconut (തേങ്ങ ചിരണ്ടിയത്) – 1 Cup
- Curd / Yogurt (തൈര്) – 1 Cup
- Turmeric powder (മഞ്ഞള്പൊടി) – 1 Pinch
- Shallot (ചെറിയ ഉള്ളി) – 6 Nos
- Green chilli (പച്ചമുളക്) – 3 Nos
- Garlic (വെളുത്തുള്ളി) – 2 Cloves
- Cumin seeds (ജീരകം) – ½ Tea Spoon
- Mustard seeds (കടുക്) – ½ Tea Spoon
- Fenugreek seeds (ഉലുവ) – ½ Tea spoon
- Dry red chillies (വറ്റല്മുളക്) – 2 Nos
- Curry leaves (കറിവേപ്പില) – 1 Sprig
- Coconut Oil (വെളിച്ചെണ്ണ) – 2 Table Spoon
- Salt (ഉപ്പ്) – To taste
- Peel the mangoes. If it is not pulissery mambazham (small ripe mango) dice it.
- Slice shallots and slit green chillies length wise.
- Grind grated coconut, garlic and cumin seeds into fine paste.
- Beat the curd to make it smooth and keep aside.
- Cook the mangoes in a covered vessel by adding turmeric powder, green chillies, salt and enough water to cover the mangoes (about 10 minutes in a medium flame).
- When it is done, open the lid and mash a bit of the pieces. Add the ground paste and combine well.
- Simmer it by stirring occasionally (do not let it boil). Add the beaten curd and combine it. Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Heat 1 table spoon of coconut oil in a cooking pan and put mustard and fenugreek seeds. When it splutters, add broken dry red chillies and stir for few seconds. Put shallots and curry leaves. Saute till it turns golden brown. Add this to the prepared mambazha pulissery.
- Transfer to the serving dish.
2) If the mango is not enough sweet, add little sugar to it for the better taste.
Author: Shaan Geo
Myself, Shaan Geo basically a Software Engineer started my career in IT Industry. I have had a passion for food and cooking from an early age. This habit made me keep an eye out for the new variants of food and the different cuisines where ever I go. According to me cooking is an equal-opportunity talent and I find that anybody can cook. It is not limited by the age, profession, caste, colour or creed of a person. What is needed is the love for cooking. For me passion for cooking does not stop in the kitchen, when I travel, I continue to be inspired by eating in some of the best restaurants around the world.
Click here to download the free Android Application of this website.
ഈ വെബ്സൈറ്റിന്റെ സൗജന്യ ആന്ഡ്രോയ്ഡ് മൊബൈൽ ആപ്ലിക്കേഷന് ഡൗണ്ലോഡ് ചെയ്യുന്നതിന് ഇവിടെ ക്ലിക്ക് ചെയ്യുക.