- Egg – 2 Nos
- Flavorless Vegetable Oil (Eg: Sunflower Oil) – ½ Cup (120 ml)
- White Vinegar OR Lemon Juice– 1 Tea Spoon
- Mustard Powder OR Garlic Paste – ¼ Tea Spoon (Optional)
- Pepper Powder – ¼ Tea Spoon (Optional)
- Salt – To Taste
- Make sure all the ingredients are in room temperature and you use only fresh eggs. Also ensure you use containers and a food processor jar that are completely dry.
- Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites. Whites aren’t required for this recipe, so you can use them for any other dish or freeze them for later use.
- Using a food processor or an electric hand mixer, mix the egg yolks together with pepper powder (optional) and salt.
- As the mixer runs on medium-high speed, very slowly add one table spoon of oil to the egg yolk first, blend it for 30 seconds until the oil blends well with the egg. Repeat the same process 4 times. (until you add 4 table spoons of oil)
- Now add the remaining oil in a very thin steady stream process until oil and egg yolk mixes completely and thickens well. (Note that if the oil is added too quickly, the mayonnaise would separate or curdle. Take 6 to 8 minutes for this process)
- Now add vinegar OR lemon juice and mustard powder OR garlic paste (optional) and give a quick whisk just for proper mixing.
- The mayonnaise is ready. You can transfer it to an airtight dry container and then refrigerate for up to 5-7 days.
2) Raw egg is generally not recommended for the elderly, infants, people with a weakened immune system and pregnant women. In order to avoid risks, instead use pasteurized egg yolk to prepare the mayonnaise.
Author: Shaan Geo
Myself, Shaan Geo basically a Software Engineer started my career in IT Industry. I have had a passion for food and cooking from an early age. This habit made me keep an eye out for the new variants of food and the different cuisines where ever I go. According to me cooking is an equal-opportunity talent and I find that anybody can cook. It is not limited by the age, profession, caste, colour or creed of a person. What is needed is the love for cooking. For me passion for cooking does not stop in the kitchen, when I travel, I continue to be inspired by eating in some of the best restaurants around the world.