- Ash gourd (കുമ്പളങ്ങ) – 2 cup (chopped)
- Black-eyed beans / Cowpeas (വന്പയര്) – ½ cup
- Thick coconut milk (തേങ്ങാപാല്) – ¾ Cup
- Green chilli (പച്ചമുളക്) – 3 Nos
- Coconut Oil (വെളിച്ചെണ്ണ) – 1 Table Spoon
- Curry leaves (കറിവേപ്പില) – 1 Sprig
- Salt (ഉപ്പ്) – To taste
- Peel the ash gourd and remove the seeds. Cut it into small pieces. Slit green chillies lengthwise.
- Wash and clean the black-eyed beans (cowpeas).
- Pressure cook the beans by adding 2 cups of water and a little salt. When you hear the first whistle, reduce the heat to low and wait for 2 more whistles. Turn off the heat and keep it closed till the pressure settles (12-15 minutes). Drain the water after pressure drops.
- Cook ash gourd in a covered vessel by adding green chillies, salt and 1¼ cup of water (medium heat).
- When ash gourd is cooked, add the cooked cowpeas and curry leaves. Cook the mixture for another 2 minutes.
- Now, add thick coconut milk and turn off the heat just prior the dish starts boiling.
- Pour 1 table spoon of coconut oil and transfer the olan to the serving dish.
2) Serve olan with boiled rice.
Author: Shaan Geo
Myself, Shaan Geo basically a Software Engineer started my career in IT Industry. I have had a passion for food and cooking from an early age. This habit made me keep an eye out for the new variants of food and the different cuisines where ever I go. According to me cooking is an equal-opportunity talent and I find that anybody can cook. It is not limited by the age, profession, caste, colour or creed of a person. What is needed is the love for cooking. For me passion for cooking does not stop in the kitchen, when I travel, I continue to be inspired by eating in some of the best restaurants around the world.
Click here to download the free Android Application of this website.
ഈ വെബ്സൈറ്റിന്റെ സൗജന്യ ആന്ഡ്രോയ്ഡ് മൊബൈൽ ആപ്ലിക്കേഷന് ഡൗണ്ലോഡ് ചെയ്യുന്നതിന് ഇവിടെ ക്ലിക്ക് ചെയ്യുക.