Pazham Pradhaman / Payasam
- Ripe Plantain (ഏത്തപ്പഴം) – 2 Nos
- Crushed Jaggery (ശര്ക്കര പൊടിച്ചത്) – 1½ Cup
- Coconut milk (തേങ്ങ പാല്) – 1½ Cup
- Cardamom powder (ഏലക്ക പൊടിച്ചത്) – ½ Tea spoon
- Cashew nut (കശുവണ്ടി) -10 Nos
- Thinly sliced Coconut (തേങ്ങാക്കൊത്ത്) – 1 Table spoon (Optional)
- Ghee (നെയ്യ്) – 2 Table spoon
- Water (വെള്ളം) – 1½ Cup
- Peel the plantains and cut it into small pieces.
- Cook it in a covered vessel by adding 1½ cup of water in a low heat about 10 minutes. Do not drain the leftover water.
- Using a ladle, mash the cooked plantains and add crushed jaggery to it. Stir continuously (in a medium heat) until the mixture thickens.
- To this, add 1 table spoon of ghee and stir it for 3 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and combine well, stir continuously about 2 minutes (do not let it boil).
- Put ½ tea spoon of cardamom powder to it and remove from the flame.
- Heat 1 table spoon of ghee in a pan. Fry cashew nuts and thinly sliced coconut till it turns golden brown.
- Add this to the prepared pazham pradhaman.
- Transfer to the serving dish.
Author: Shaan Geo
Myself, Shaan Geo basically a Software Engineer started my career in IT Industry. I have had a passion for food and cooking from an early age. This habit made me keep an eye out for the new variants of food and the different cuisines where ever I go. According to me cooking is an equal-opportunity talent and I find that anybody can cook. It is not limited by the age, profession, caste, colour or creed of a person. What is needed is the love for cooking. For me passion for cooking does not stop in the kitchen, when I travel, I continue to be inspired by eating in some of the best restaurants around the world.
Click here to download the free Android Application of this website.
ഈ വെബ്സൈറ്റിന്റെ സൗജന്യ ആന്ഡ്രോയ്ഡ് മൊബൈൽ ആപ്ലിക്കേഷന് ഡൗണ്ലോഡ് ചെയ്യുന്നതിന് ഇവിടെ ക്ലിക്ക് ചെയ്യുക.