- Egg – 2 Nos
- Flavorless Vegetable Oil Eg: Sunflower Oil – ½ Cup (120 ml)
- White Vinegar OR Lemon Juice– 1 Tea Spoon
- Mustard Powder OR Garlic Paste – ¼ Tea Spoon Optional
- Pepper Powder – ¼ Tea Spoon Optional
- Salt – To Taste
- Make sure all the ingredients are in room temperature and you use only fresh eggs. Also ensure you use containers and a food processor jar that are completely dry.
- Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites. Whites aren't required for this recipe, so you can use them for any other dish or freeze them for later use.
- Using a food processor or an electric hand mixer, mix the egg yolks together with pepper powder (optional) and salt.
- As the mixer runs on medium-high speed, very slowly add one table spoon of oil to the egg yolk first, blend it for 30 seconds until the oil blends well with the egg. Repeat the same process 4 times. (until you add 4 table spoons of oil)
- Now add the remaining oil in a very thin steady stream process until oil and egg yolk mixes completely and thickens well. (Note that if the oil is added too quickly, the mayonnaise would separate or curdle. Take 6 to 8 minutes for this process)
- Now add vinegar OR lemon juice and mustard powder OR garlic paste (optional) and give a quick whisk just for proper mixing.
- The mayonnaise is ready. You can transfer it to an airtight dry container and then refrigerate for up to 5-7 days.
2) Raw egg is generally not recommended for the elderly, infants, people with a weakened immune system and pregnant women. In order to avoid risks, instead use pasteurized egg yolk to prepare the mayonnaise.
Author: Shaan Geo
According to me cooking is an equal-opportunity talent and I find that anybody can cook. It is not limited by the age, profession, caste, colour or creed of a person. What is needed is the love for cooking. For me the passion for cooking does not stop in the kitchen, when I travel, I continue to be inspired by eating in some of the best restaurants around the world.
8 comments on “Mayonnaise”
Thanks Afeela for trying this Mayonnaise recipe and also for the regular visit.
Shaan, I tried this recipe today. It came out well and it was really tasty. The whole family enjoyed it. Thanks.
Roshan, Thanks for trying this recipe. Glad to know that you all enjoyed. Hope to see here often 🙂
Can we use egg white instead of egg yolk?
Yes you can.
Can we use mixer grinder instead of hand mixer?
Yes, you can use it.
Shan Geo thanks for another useful recipe. I have tried this came out very well. I used to buy it from store. Anyway I can gv preservative free mayonise now☺?