- Pineapple - 1 Cup
- Green chilli പച്ചമുളക് - 2 Nos
- Ginger ഇഞ്ചി - 1 inch piece
- Water വെള്ളം - ¾ Cup
- Grated Coconut തേങ്ങ ചിരണ്ടിയത് - ½ Cup
- Dry red chillies വറ്റൽമുളക് - 2 Nos
- Curd തൈര് - ¾ Cup
- Coconut Oil വെളിച്ചെണ്ണ - 1 Table Spoon
- Mustard seeds കടുക് - 1 Tea Spoon
- Shallot ചെറിയ ഉള്ളി - 4 Nos
- Curry leaves കറിവേപ്പില - 1 Sprig
- Salt ഉപ്പ് – to taste
- Peel off pineapple skin and cut it into small pieces (1 cup).
- Slice green chilli (length wise) and shallots.
- Chop the ginger into small pieces.
- Grind the grated coconut well into a paste.
- Cook the pineapple pieces along with green chilli, ginger, salt and water in a covered cooking vessel.
- When it is done, to this add the ground paste, mix it well and wait till it boils.
- Remove from the flame, add curd to it and mix it well. Taste for salt.
- Heat 1 table spoon coconut oil in a cooking pan and put mustard seeds. When it splutters, to this add broken dried red chillies, shallot & curry leaves and saute it.
- Add this sauteed mix to the prepared pachadi and mix it.
- Serve it as a side dish for rice.
Author: Shaan Geo
According to me cooking is an equal-opportunity talent and I find that anybody can cook. It is not limited by the age, profession, caste, colour or creed of a person. What is needed is the love for cooking. For me the passion for cooking does not stop in the kitchen, when I travel, I continue to be inspired by eating in some of the best restaurants around the world.