Pavakka mezhukkupuratti / Bitter gourd stir fry
- Bitter gourd പാവയ്ക്ക - 1 Medium Size
- Thinly sliced Coconut തേങ്ങാക്കൊത്ത് - ¼ Cup
- Green chilli പച്ചമുളക് - 3 Nos
- Garlic വെളുത്തുള്ളി - 5 Cloves
- Onion സവോള - 1 No
- Curry leaves കറിവേപ്പില - 1 Sprig
- Turmeric powder മഞ്ഞള്പൊടി - 1 Pinch
- Chilli powder മുളകുപൊടി - ½ Tea spoon
- Coconut Oil വെളിച്ചെണ്ണ - 3 Table Spoon
- Mustard seeds കടുക് - ½ Tea Spoon
- Salt ഉപ്പ് – To taste
- Wash the bitter gourd very well and slice it (lengthwise) into 1 inch pieces.
- Slice green chillies, garlic and onion.
- Heat 3 table spoon coconut oil in a non-stick pan and put mustard seeds. When it splutters, add coconut slices, garlic and onion. Saute it for 2 minutes.
- Put turmeric powder and chilli powder into it and stir well. To this add bitter gourd, green chillies, curry leaves and salt. Combine well and cook it covered (about 8-10 minutes) on low flame till done.
- Open the lid and cook it for 1-2 minutes to make it dry. Stir it occasionally. Taste for salt.
- Remove from the flame and transfer to the serving dish.
Author: Shaan Geo
According to me cooking is an equal-opportunity talent and I find that anybody can cook. It is not limited by the age, profession, caste, colour or creed of a person. What is needed is the love for cooking. For me the passion for cooking does not stop in the kitchen, when I travel, I continue to be inspired by eating in some of the best restaurants around the world.