- Shelled & deveined Prawns / Shrimp (ചെമ്മീന് വൃത്തിയാക്കിയത്) – 200 gm
- Ginger-garlic paste (ഇഞ്ചി-വെളുത്തുള്ളി അരച്ചത്) – 1 Table spoon
- Chilli powder (മുളകുപൊടി) – 1+2 Tea spoon
- Turmeric powder (മഞ്ഞള്പൊടി) – 1 Pinch
- Garlic (വെളുത്തുള്ളി) – 10 Cloves
- Onion (സവോള) – 2 Nos
- Tomato (തക്കാളി) – 1 No
- Curry leaves (കറിവേപ്പില) – 2 Sprigs
- Cooking oil (എണ്ണ) – 3 Table spoon
- Salt (ഉപ്പ്) – To taste
- Clean the prawns and keep aside.
- Ginger-garlic paste, chilli powder (1 tea spoon) and turmeric powder should be made as paste by adding a little salt.
- Marinate prawns with the paste and keep for minimum 30 minutes.
- Slice onions, chop garlic and dice tomatoes.
- Heat 2 table spoon of cooking oil in a frying pan and shallow fry marinated prawns by turning both sides on a low heat. This will take about 8 minutes (cooking time may vary depends on the size of the prawns used).
- Heat remaining cooking oil (1 table spoon) in the same pan and put chopped garlic. Stir it for few seconds. Add sliced onions and salt. Saute it in medium heat until golden brown.
- Bring down the heat to low, add 2 tea spoon of chilli powder and stir it for 1 minute.
- To this, add tomatoes and curry leaves. Stir occasionally in a medium heat, until the tomatoes cooked well.
- When it is done, add fried prawns and combine well. Cook it in a low heat about 3 minutes by stirring occasionally.
- Prawns roast is ready, remove from the pan and serve hot.
Author: Shaan Geo
According to me cooking is an equal-opportunity talent and I find that anybody can cook. It is not limited by the age, profession, caste, colour or creed of a person. What is needed is the love for cooking. For me the passion for cooking does not stop in the kitchen, when I travel, I continue to be inspired by eating in some of the best restaurants around the world.