Raw mango Fish fry
Raw mango Fish fry
Raw mango Fish fry is an easy to prepare fish fry recipe. It is not a traditional food item. As raw mango is a seasonal item, I introduce this recipe as a seasonal food recipe. For me it was an experiment towards a variety fish fry recipe.
- Fish മീന് - ½ kg
- Raw mango പച്ചമാങ്ങാ - ¼ of a mango
- Green chilli പച്ചമുളക് - 3 Nos
- Ginger ഇഞ്ചി - 1 inch piece
- Garlic വെളുത്തുള്ളി - 5 Cloves
- Shallot ചെറിയ ഉള്ളി - 3 Nos
- Curry leaves കറിവേപ്പില - 1 Sprig
- Pepper കുരുമുളക്- 1 Tea Spoon
- Coconut Oil വെളിച്ചെണ്ണ - 3 Table Spoon
- Salt ഉപ്പ് – to taste
- Cut the fish into medium size pieces, clean it well and keep aside.
- Peel off mango skin and slice it into small pieces.
- Grind sliced raw mango, green chilli, ginger, garlic, shallot, curry leaves, pepper and salt into a paste.
- Marinate fish pieces with the ground paste and keep for minimum 30 minutes.
- Heat coconut oil in a frying pan and fry marinated fish pieces by turning both sides on a medium flame.
- Serve it hot with onion salad and lemon wedges.
If the fish pieces are large, make shallow cut marks on it with a sharp knife, so that the marinade is absorbed easily.
Copyright © 2013 - 2023 Shaan Geo. All Rights Reserved.
Author: Shaan Geo
According to me cooking is an equal-opportunity talent and I find that anybody can cook. It is not limited by the age, profession, caste, colour or creed of a person. What is needed is the love for cooking. For me the passion for cooking does not stop in the kitchen, when I travel, I continue to be inspired by eating in some of the best restaurants around the world.
2 comments on “Raw mango Fish fry”
Annie, This is my own invention 🙂 You can try it with any fish suitable for frying.
Thanks Shaan… this is Annie from Dubai; Im hearing this recipe for the 1st time; fish fry with raw mangoes… I didnt tried this one yet; anyways, will try it soon… Any type of fish is suitable for this?? Is this a keralite receipe or international; or your invention? 🙂