Ulli Vada / Onion Vada
- Gram flour (കടലമാവ്) – 2 Cups
- Rice flour (അരിപ്പൊടി) – 2 Table spoon
- Onion (സവോള) – 3 Nos
- Ginger (ഇഞ്ചി) – 2 Inch piece
- Green chilli (പച്ചമുളക്) – 3 Nos
- Curry leaves (കറിവേപ്പില) – 2 Sprigs
- Water (വെള്ളം) – 1 Cup
- Cooking oil (എണ്ണ) – to deep fry
- Salt (ഉപ്പ്) – 1 Tea spoon
- Slice onions and chop ginger, green chilli and curry leaves.
- Take the sliced and chopped ingredients in a bowl and squeeze well using hands by adding 1 tea spoon of salt.
- To this, add gram flour, rice flour and 1 cup of water. Mix it well and make a thick batter.
- Pour enough oil into a deep bottom pan and heat it. When the oil is hot reduce the flame to medium and drop table spoons of the batter. Deep fry the vadas by turning both sides till golden brown.
- Serve hot with a cup of tea.
Author: Shaan Geo
According to me cooking is an equal-opportunity talent and I find that anybody can cook. It is not limited by the age, profession, caste, colour or creed of a person. What is needed is the love for cooking. For me the passion for cooking does not stop in the kitchen, when I travel, I continue to be inspired by eating in some of the best restaurants around the world.