Aloo Gobi Masala
Aloo Gobi Masala (Potato – Cauliflower Curry)
- Potato ഉരുളക്കിഴങ്ങ് - 3 Nos (medium size)
- Cauliflower - 200 gm 2 Cup
- Onion സവോള - 3 Nos
- Tomato തക്കാളി - 1 No
- Ginger ഇഞ്ചി - 1 Inch piece
- Garlic വെളുത്തുള്ളി - 8 Cloves
- Green chilli പച്ചമുളക് - 2 Nos
- Coriander powder മല്ലിപ്പൊടി - 2½ Table spoon
- Chilli powder മുളകുപൊടി - ½ Table spoon
- Turmeric powder മഞ്ഞള്പൊടി - 1 Pinch
- Garam Masala ഗരം മസാല - 1 Tea spoon
- Cumin seeds ജീരകം - 1 Tea Spoon
- Kasuri Methi / Dried fenugreek leaves കസൂരിമേത്തി - 2 Tea spoon (optional)
- Coriander leaves മല്ലിയില - 2 sprigs
- Butter വെണ്ണ - 1 Table spoon
- Cooking oil എണ്ണ - 3 Table spoon
- Salt ഉപ്പ് - To taste
- Wash and clean the cauliflower well. Cut it into bite size florets. Peel the potatoes and cut to 1 inch pieces. Chop onion, ginger, garlic and green chilli finely. Slice the tomatoes.
- Heat 3 table spoon of cooking oil in a pan. Put 1 tea spoon of cumin seeds and allow them to sizzle.
- Put finely chopped onion, ginger, garlic, green chilli and salt. Saute it in a medium heat until it turns golden brown.
- Bring down the heat to low. Add coriander, chilli, turmeric and garam masala powders to it. Stir continuously for 1 minute.
- Proceed to add 4 cups of water followed by cauliflower, potatoes, tomatoes and salt. Combine well and cook it covered in a medium heat till done. Give a stir in between. (You can also microwave it)
- When it is done, put kasuri methi (optional).
- Remove from the heat and add 1 table spoon of butter. Taste for salt.
- Aloo gobi masala is ready. Transfer to the serving dish and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
2) Adjust the level of spices to suit your taste.
Author: Shaan Geo
According to me cooking is an equal-opportunity talent and I find that anybody can cook. It is not limited by the age, profession, caste, colour or creed of a person. What is needed is the love for cooking. For me the passion for cooking does not stop in the kitchen, when I travel, I continue to be inspired by eating in some of the best restaurants around the world.
18 comments on “Aloo Gobi Masala”
You are welcome Suresh.
Great recipe with easily available ingredients. Well done Shaan Geo !
Thank you very much Shaji 🙂
Actually, before putting veggis into masala, if we will just fry it well then the raw smell will go and it will test a bit good. specially gobi.
Yes, you are right Deepak, it will be more tasty if you fry it. To make it simple I avoid that step. Thanks a lot for the feedback.
It’s very useful website for us… Thank you so much!!
Thanks Pradeep 🙂
Thank you so much for your wonderful recipes. Could you please add the photos of each steps? It helps to prepare the items easily.
Rani, Thanks a lot for the nice words and also for the suggestion. Because of the technical reasons I am not able to add more photos. If I do so, the pages will take more time to load for the users with low bandwidth internet connection. Anyway I will try to include images of important steps. Once again thanks for the feedback.
Good recipes Shaan you can even try adding more snacks please.
Thanks Rinda 🙂 I will try to add more snack recipes.
Thank you Shaan. Successfully tried this dish. 🙂
Kid’s comment: “Acha… you are a better cook than Amma”
Amit, Thank you so much for such a wonderful feedback. I really like your kid’s comment 🙂
Amazing. Soo cute dish.
Thanks Roberto 🙂
I loved your recipes. They will really help in my further dishes. Thanks a lot.
Thanks Isha 🙂
Thanks for posting a non-kerala dish. going to try.