- Yellow Cucumber വെള്ളരിയ്ക്ക - 2 Cups (Chopped)
- Grated coconut തേങ്ങ ചിരണ്ടിയത് - 1 Cup
- Curd തൈര് - 1 Cup
- Green chilli പച്ചമുളക് - 3 Nos
- Curry leaves കറിവേപ്പില - 1 Sprig
- Mustard seeds കടുക് - 1½ Tea Spoon
- Coconut Oil വെളിച്ചെണ്ണ - ½ Table Spoon
- Salt ഉപ്പ് – to taste
- Cut the cucumber and green chillies into small pieces.
- Grind together the grated coconut, 1 tea spoon of mustard seeds and ½ cup of curd.
- Cook the cucumber in a covered vessel by adding green chillies, salt and 1 cup of water. (medium heat)
- Turn off the heat when it is cooked well. Add the ground mix and remaining ½ cup of curd. Combine well.
- Heat ½ table spoon of coconut oil in a cooking pan and put ½ tea spoon of mustard seeds. When it splutters, reduce the heat and put curry leaves (1 sprig). Stir it for few seconds and add this to the prepared kichadi.
- Transfer to the serving dish.
Author: Shaan Geo
According to me cooking is an equal-opportunity talent and I find that anybody can cook. It is not limited by the age, profession, caste, colour or creed of a person. What is needed is the love for cooking. For me the passion for cooking does not stop in the kitchen, when I travel, I continue to be inspired by eating in some of the best restaurants around the world.
8 comments on “Kichadi”
Thanks Divya 🙂
Tried this recipe last Friday. Turned out very tasty. Thanks a lot chef!
Hi Priscilla, Thanks for trying Kichadi recipe. Nice to know that it worked out well. Hope you will try other recipes too.
I have tried this, its so nice.
Thanks Betcy 🙂
Hi Shan, you’re a genius. All your recipes are delicious without being complicated. Keep going, all power to you! Just one small suggestion. I was under the impression that kichadi is something like upma. What you have described here is probably a pachadi or raitha. Or maybe in Kerala its called kichadi. I don’t know. Please check and make the correction, if necessary. Cheers 🙂
George, Thanks a lot for such a wonderful feedback. It is called Kichadi in Kerala. This is one of the traditional veg side dish which is served along with rice in Kerala. Thanks.
It’s a nice dish.