Palada Pradhaman – traditional style
- Fine rice flour നന്നായി പൊടിച്ച അരിപ്പൊടി- 1 Cup
- Hot water ചൂടുവെള്ളം - as required
- Milk പാല് - 1 Litre
- Sugar പഞ്ചസാര - ¾ Cup
- To make the ‘ada’, pour hot water (as required) to the rice flour and mix it evenly. Knead it well with your hand till it is soft and smooth.
- Spread the dough on a plantain leaf or an aluminium foil as thin as possible.
- Steam it for 10 minutes.
- Pour milk into a vessel and boil it. Reduce the flame and add sugar to it. Stir it continuously till the milk thickens and becomes almost half of the quantity.
- Separate the ada from the plantain leaf / aluminium foil. Cut it into small pieces (½ inch pieces).
- Add the ada to the boiling milk, stir it for a few minutes and remove from the flame.
- Usually a traditional palada pradhaman will not be garnished. If you want, garnish it with cashew nut and raisins which is fried in ghee (optional).
- Serve it hot or cold as desired.
Author: Shaan Geo
According to me cooking is an equal-opportunity talent and I find that anybody can cook. It is not limited by the age, profession, caste, colour or creed of a person. What is needed is the love for cooking. For me the passion for cooking does not stop in the kitchen, when I travel, I continue to be inspired by eating in some of the best restaurants around the world.