Palada Pradhaman – traditional style
- Fine rice flour നന്നായി പൊടിച്ച അരിപ്പൊടി- 1 Cup
- Hot water ചൂടുവെള്ളം - as required
- Milk പാല് - 1 Litre
- Sugar പഞ്ചസാര - ¾ Cup
- To make the ‘ada’, pour hot water (as required) to the rice flour and mix it evenly. Knead it well with your hand till it is soft and smooth.
- Spread the dough on a plantain leaf or an aluminium foil as thin as possible.
- Steam it for 10 minutes.
- Pour milk into a vessel and boil it. Reduce the flame and add sugar to it. Stir it continuously till the milk thickens and becomes almost half of the quantity.
- Separate the ada from the plantain leaf / aluminium foil. Cut it into small pieces (½ inch pieces).
- Add the ada to the boiling milk, stir it for a few minutes and remove from the flame.
- Usually a traditional palada pradhaman will not be garnished. If you want, garnish it with cashew nut and raisins which is fried in ghee (optional).
- Serve it hot or cold as desired.
Author: Shaan Geo
According to me cooking is an equal-opportunity talent and I find that anybody can cook. It is not limited by the age, profession, caste, colour or creed of a person. What is needed is the love for cooking. For me the passion for cooking does not stop in the kitchen, when I travel, I continue to be inspired by eating in some of the best restaurants around the world.
17 comments on “Palada Pradhaman”
Hi Milan, Thank you very much for the nice words.
Thanks for your traditional palada recipe. I don’t like instant ada from stores, but I want to make paalada for my husband’s birthday… difficulty of boiling ada in water worried me a bit. And u suggested the steaming method.. thanks a lot.
Hi Ani, Thank you very much for the feedback. Convey my birthday wishes to your hubby 🙂
Thanks for posting this recipe. I prepared for my wife birthday.
You are welcome Deepak. It is pleasure to know that you prepared it for your wife. Convey my B’day wishes to her 🙂
Thanks for this recepie Shaan. I tried this Palada Pradhaman when last week after Easter of suddenly my in-laws came from native. I didn’t know what to cook in the evening and I search in net for this recipe. I got it. I did. It came out so well I was appreciated from my in-laws. Thanks and Thanks a lot.
You are welcome Shanmaria. Thanks a lot for taking time to share your feedback. I am really happy to know that it came out well for you and you got appreciated. Hope you will try other recipes too and see you here often.
Hi Shaan, I tried palada pradhaman and it was really mouth watering, delicious !!!! Thanks for such a simple and yummy payasam recipe. Please put more evening snacks recipes…
Hi Amida, Thanks a lot for trying this recipe and also for the wonderful feedback. Sure, I will try to include more snacks recipes. Once again thanks for the regular visit.
Hai Shaan, your recipes very helpful can u help me how to make cherupayar payasam.
With regards, Brother Avab.
Hi Avab, It is pleasure to know that this place is very helpful to you. My next recipe is cherupayar payasam. Its already done, will be posting soon.
I prepared ullivada. It was good. Please put more recipes.
Annie, Thanks for the feedback. I will try to include more recipes.
Very easy recipes for beginners. Thanks for your recipes and today I am going to try chilly chicken 🙂
Thanks Fareeda, Hope it will come out good for you. Happy cooking 🙂
I got to see your website.This is a traditional Malayalee Hindu Kerala receipe which I could find in only a few websites.
Anyways thanks for sharing this …
I just want to tell you that I am all new to weblog and honestly liked this blog site. Probably I’m want to bookmark your blog post. You absolutely have incredible articles. Many thanks for sharing with us your blog.