- Raw Mango പച്ചമാങ്ങ – 3 Nos (medium size)
- Garlic വെളുത്തുള്ളി - 20 Cloves
- Chilli Powder മുളകുപൊടി - 2 Table spoons
- Turmeric Powder മഞ്ഞള്പൊടി - ½ Tea Spoon
- Black Pepper കുരുമുളക് - ½ Tea Spoon
- Mustard Seeds കടുക് - 2 Tea spoons
- Fenugreek Seeds ഉലുവ - 1 Tea Spoon
- Asafoetida Powder കായം - 1 Tea spoon
- Coconut Oil വെളിച്ചെണ്ണ - 4 Table Spoons
- Salt ഉപ്പ് – 1¼ Table Spoon
- Wash the mangos and dry it well. Chop it into small pieces along with the skin.
- Transfer the chopped mango into a bowl. Add 1¼ table spoon of salt and toss them well.
- Slice the garlic and keep aside.
- Heat a pan and put pepper corns, mustard and fenugreek seeds. Remove from the flame when all of it (mustard and fenugreek seeds) has spluttered. Crush it and sprinkle it over the mango pieces.
- Make a paste of chilli and turmeric powders by adding ½ cup of water.
- Heat 4 table spoons of coconut oil in a pan. Put sliced garlic and sauté well till it turns golden brown.
- Now, add the chilli and turmeric powder paste. Boil it for 2-3 minutes and turn off the heat. Proceed to add 1 tea spoon of asafoetida powder and mix it well. Allow this mixture to cool completely.
- Once it has cooled, add this to the mango pieces and combine well so that all the pieces are coated well.
- Transfer the mango pickle to an air tight and dry container. (Use only glass or plastic jars.)
2) Always use dry spoons to scoop the pickle. Never use a wet spoon or a jar which will leads fungal growth in the container.
3) You can keep the mango pickle in room temperature for few days. But refrigerate it to last long.
Author: Shaan Geo
According to me cooking is an equal-opportunity talent and I find that anybody can cook. It is not limited by the age, profession, caste, colour or creed of a person. What is needed is the love for cooking. For me the passion for cooking does not stop in the kitchen, when I travel, I continue to be inspired by eating in some of the best restaurants around the world.
5 comments on “Mango Pickle”
Bobby, Thank you very much for the tip.
Easy and simple and tasty recipes. Thanks.
Thanks Thomas 🙂
Hi Shaan, Your recipes are awesome. The pepper chicken came out very tasty. Do you have any recipe for Kerala style Lemon curry or Kerala style Lemon pickle? Thanks in advance.
Dear Shaan, You can also make of green Papaya (Koppakkaaya) same procedure only add is Vinegar to it.