Kerala Beef Fry
Kerala Beef Fry
- Beef - 1 kg
- Coriander powder മല്ലിപ്പൊടി - 1 Table Spoon
- Chilli powder മുളകുപൊടി - 1 Table spoon
- Meat Masala ഇറച്ചി മസാല - 1 Table spoon
- Pepper powder കുരുമുളകുപൊടി - 1 Tea Spoon
- Turmeric powder മഞ്ഞള്പൊടി - ½ Tea spoon
- Ginger ഇഞ്ചി - 1 Inch piece
- Garlic വെളുത്തുള്ളി - 5 Cloves
- Shallot ചെറിയ ഉള്ളി - 8 Nos
- Curry leaves കറിവേപ്പില - 3 Sprigs
- Thinly sliced Coconut തേങ്ങാക്കൊത്ത് - ¼ Cup (Optional)
- Mustard seeds കടുക് - ½ Tea Spoon
- Ghee നെയ്യ് - 3 Table spoon
- Salt ഉപ്പ് – To taste
- Cut beef into small pieces, wash and drain it.
- Slice shallots. Chop ginger and garlic.
- Pressure cook beef along with coriander powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- When you hear the first whistle, reduce the flame to low and wait for the second whistle. Turn of the fire and let the pressure settle.
- When the pressure settles, open the lid and heat until it is almost dry.
- Heat 3 table spoon of ghee in a cooking pan and put mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds begin to sputter, reduce the flame to medium. Put thinly sliced coconut pieces and fry it for 2 minute (optional).
- Add garlic, ginger, shallots and curry leaves one by one. Saute it by adding a little salt.
- When it turns golden brown, put 1 table spoon of meat masala and stir it for 1 minute.
- Now, add cooked beef into it and mix it well. Heat until it is dry (stir occasionally). When it becomes dry put 1 tea spoon of black pepper powder and combine it well. Taste for salt.
- Kerala beef fry is ready for serving. Transfer to the serving dish. Garnish it with coriander leaves and onion slices (if required).
Author: Shaan Geo
According to me cooking is an equal-opportunity talent and I find that anybody can cook. It is not limited by the age, profession, caste, colour or creed of a person. What is needed is the love for cooking. For me the passion for cooking does not stop in the kitchen, when I travel, I continue to be inspired by eating in some of the best restaurants around the world.
20 comments on “Kerala Beef Fry”
You are welcome Vimal. 🙂 Great to know that you enjoyed it. Thanks for taking time to share your feedback.
Wonder full recipe. Thanks for posting keralarecipes.
You are welcome Abdul Rasheed, Thanks for the nice words.
Good work Shaan. I have a suggestion. Add 2-3 green chilly slices also in step 7. Its better.
Kishore, Thanks for the tip. If you want more spicy beef fry you can definitely add it.
Very good job. Wonderfull spicy recipe. I like very much, thank u!
Thank you very much Shilpa 🙂
Tasty dish. Simple to prepare. Thanks Shaan. Can you give a tip for butter chicken.
You are welcome Krishna Kumar. I will try to include the butter chicken recipe. Thanks for the feedback.
Great taste… I love your recipes. Thanks a lot.
Saleem, Thanks for the great words of encouragement.
Tasty and was
Thanks Phoebe 🙂
Shaan… tried it out.. came out fantastic. thanks. pls add more chicken spicy dishes.
Gisha, Thanks for trying this beef fry recipe. I will try to include more chicken dishes. See you here often 🙂
Hi Shan, I tried it out, nice website.
Hey Savy, How is life going? Nice to meet you here. Thanks for the feedback 🙂
Wow so simple, I tried it. It was really tasty. I added 2 tomatoes too. It is delicious.
Thank you very much Bobby 🙂
Tried this once. Tasted great.
Thanks for the post !