- Chicken - 1 kg
- Crushed black pepper കുരുമുളകുപൊടി - 2¼ Table Spoon
- Lemon juice നാരങ്ങാനീര് - 1 Table spoon
- Onion സവോള - 3 Nos
- Tomato തക്കാളി - 1 No
- Ginger ഇഞ്ചി - 2 Inch piece
- Garlic വെളുത്തുള്ളി - 6 Cloves
- Curry leaves കറിവേപ്പില - 2 Sprigs
- Coriander powder മല്ലിപ്പൊടി - 1 Table Spoon
- Turmeric powder മഞ്ഞള്പൊടി - ½ Tea spoon
- Garam Masala ഗരം മസാല - 1 Tea spoon
- Cooking oil എണ്ണ - 3 Table spoon
- Water വെള്ളം - 1 Cup
- Salt ഉപ്പ് - To taste
- Cut the chicken into medium size pieces and clean it well.
- Marinate chicken pieces with 2 table spoon of crushed black pepper, turmeric powder (½ tea spoon), lemon juice and salt for minimum 30 minutes.
- Chop onion, tomato, ginger and garlic.
- Heat 3 table spoon of cooking oil in a pan (preferably non-stick). Put garlic, ginger and onion and saute it by adding a little salt.
- When it turns golden brown, reduce the flame to low, add coriander powder (1 table spoon) and garam masala (1 tea spoon). Stir it for 1 minute.
- To this, add marinated chicken pieces, curry leaves and chopped tomato. Stir it occasionally for 5 minutes on a high flame. Add ½ cup of water and cook it covered till done.
- Open the lid and continue cooking for few minutes to make the gravy thick (take care to prevent it from burning). Add ¼ table spoon crushed black pepper and combine it.
- Transfer the Pepper Chicken to the serving dish and garnish it with chopped coriander leaves.
2) If you don’t have garam masala add ½ table spoon chicken masala as an alternative.
3) To avoid raw odour of chicken, 1 table spoon of vinegar or lemon juice can be used, when cleaning the chicken.
Author: Shaan Geo
According to me cooking is an equal-opportunity talent and I find that anybody can cook. It is not limited by the age, profession, caste, colour or creed of a person. What is needed is the love for cooking. For me the passion for cooking does not stop in the kitchen, when I travel, I continue to be inspired by eating in some of the best restaurants around the world.