- Fish മീന് - 250 gm (Boneless preferred)
- Tomato തക്കാളി - 2 Nos
- Onion സവോള - 1 No
- Ginger ഇഞ്ചി - 1 Inch piece
- Garlic വെളുത്തുള്ളി - 6 Cloves
- Curry leaves കറിവേപ്പില - 1 Sprig
- Kashmiri Chilli powder കാശ്മീരി മുളകുപൊടി - 1 Table spoon
- Turmeric powder മഞ്ഞള്പൊടി - 1 Pinch
- Mustard seeds കടുക് - ½ Tea Spoon
- Cooking oil എണ്ണ - 3 Table spoon
- Salt ഉപ്പ് – To taste
- Clean the fish and cut it into small pieces. (½ inch size)
- Chop tomatoes, onion, ginger and garlic and keep aside.
- Heat 3 table spoon of cooking oil in a non-stick frying pan and put mustard seeds. When it begins to splutter reduce the flame and add garlic, onion, ginger and salt one by one and saute it.
- When the onions turns golden brown put chilli and turmeric powders and stir it for 1 minute.
- Add chopped tomatoes, fish and curry leaves into it. Combine well and cook it covered in a medium flame till done. (about 10 minutes)
- Open the lid and cook it for another 1-2 minutes to make it dry. Stir it occasionally. Taste for salt.
- Remove from the flame and transfer to the serving dish.
Author: Shaan Geo
According to me cooking is an equal-opportunity talent and I find that anybody can cook. It is not limited by the age, profession, caste, colour or creed of a person. What is needed is the love for cooking. For me the passion for cooking does not stop in the kitchen, when I travel, I continue to be inspired by eating in some of the best restaurants around the world.