- Fish മീന് - 250 gm (Boneless preferred)
- Tomato തക്കാളി - 2 Nos
- Onion സവോള - 1 No
- Ginger ഇഞ്ചി - 1 Inch piece
- Garlic വെളുത്തുള്ളി - 6 Cloves
- Curry leaves കറിവേപ്പില - 1 Sprig
- Kashmiri Chilli powder കാശ്മീരി മുളകുപൊടി - 1 Table spoon
- Turmeric powder മഞ്ഞള്പൊടി - 1 Pinch
- Mustard seeds കടുക് - ½ Tea Spoon
- Cooking oil എണ്ണ - 3 Table spoon
- Salt ഉപ്പ് – To taste
- Clean the fish and cut it into small pieces. (½ inch size)
- Chop tomatoes, onion, ginger and garlic and keep aside.
- Heat 3 table spoon of cooking oil in a non-stick frying pan and put mustard seeds. When it begins to splutter reduce the flame and add garlic, onion, ginger and salt one by one and saute it.
- When the onions turns golden brown put chilli and turmeric powders and stir it for 1 minute.
- Add chopped tomatoes, fish and curry leaves into it. Combine well and cook it covered in a medium flame till done. (about 10 minutes)
- Open the lid and cook it for another 1-2 minutes to make it dry. Stir it occasionally. Taste for salt.
- Remove from the flame and transfer to the serving dish.
Author: Shaan Geo
According to me cooking is an equal-opportunity talent and I find that anybody can cook. It is not limited by the age, profession, caste, colour or creed of a person. What is needed is the love for cooking. For me the passion for cooking does not stop in the kitchen, when I travel, I continue to be inspired by eating in some of the best restaurants around the world.
32 comments on “Fish-Tomato Roast”
Hi Sruthi, Thanks a lot for sharing your feedback.
I will try this insallah and will let you know soon thanks
Hi Mathews, Thanks for the comment. Hope it comes out well for you. Please share your feedback.
To be honest with you I did not try it since I got busy, now I will do so and let you know. Where do you live and work……… you are brilliant
Hi Mathews, Thank you very much for taking time to post your comments here. I am working in Cochin as a Software Engineer. Once again thanks for your kind words of encouragement. Hope to see you here often.
Very good dear
Thank you very much Sunu 🙂
It is sublime tastes. Thanks for your different recipes.
Thanks a lot Saju. Hope to see you here often 🙂
Dear Mr. Geo,
To be honest I didn’t try this tomato fish. But, sure I’ll try, by looking at the dish itself I came to know sure it will be very taste. I’ll also send my comment after try this.
Hi Thenmozhi, Thank you so much for such a great feedback, appreciate it very much 🙂 If you like the flavor of tomato and chilly, then you will definitely love this dish. Now I am curious to see your comments after trying this recipe.
Hi! I am eager to try this recipe. What’s the best kind of fish to use? Thanks!
Hi Rose, Thanks for the comment. You can use any boneless fish to prepare this recipe.
I will try it then post my opinion.
Sure. Hope it will work out well for you.
It looks yummy.. M sure dis recipe is gonna b gud… I just love naadan recipes
Reshma, Thanks for the comment. I will try to include more naadan recipes.
Hi, I’m going to try this recipe. Is there no need to add water in step 5?
Asha, Thanks for trying this recipe. No need to add water in this recipe. Please use non-stick pan and cook it covered.
Heyyy.. That was my recipe in my dreams.. Hehe.. At least.. Ende recipe thatti eduthe 🙁 🙂 just kidding Geo chetta. I tried with salmon fillet & came out faaabulous… 🙂 God bless you for your hard work.. & keep it up.. Thanks again..
Sherry, Sorry for stealing recipe from your dreams 🙂 Thanks a lot for the regular visit, wonderful feedback and wishes.
Geo chetta… Any idea how to keep bugs away from chana dal or any dals & rice products?? I heard dried bay leaves work.. So giving that a shot. Also Can you plz.. later… at your convenience try a recipe w/ dried prawns?? Thanks 🙂
Hi Sherry, Thanks for the tip. I heard like placing dry Neem leaves covered in a piece of cloth is also keep the pest away from lentils and rice products. I will try to include a recipe with dried prawns as early as possible. Thanks for the regular visit 🙂
Thanks Geo chetta ..
You are welcome Sherry 🙂
Hi Geo chetta:) Any quick recipe like this with chicken? Thanks.
Hi Sherry, try some simple chicken fry recipes or chilli chicken recipe.
Geo chetta thanks for all your recipes. Please include more easy and quick to your recipes especially non-veg. 🙂
Thanks Shefeeque. I will try to add more non-veg recipes.
Hi Geo, can we do it without water?
Lal, Yes we can do it without water.
Its a fantastic and a hot recipe