- Rice preferably basmati rice - 2 Cup
- Chicken cleaned - ½ kg
- Onion സവോള - 2 Nos
- Green chilli പച്ചമുളക് - 3 Nos
- Coriander leaves മല്ലി ഇല - 4 Sprigs
- Curd / Yogurt തൈര് - 2 Table spoon
- Ginger-Garlic paste ഇഞ്ചി-വെളുത്തുള്ളി അരച്ചത് - 1 Table spoon
- Black pepper powder കുരുമുളകുപൊടി - ½ Table spoon
- Cinnamon കറുവാപ്പട്ട - 1 Inch piece
- Clove ഗ്രാമ്പു - 4 Nos
- Cardamom ഏലക്കാ - 3 Nos
- Coriander powder മല്ലിപ്പൊടി - 2 Tea spoon
- Turmeric powder മഞ്ഞള്പൊടി - 1 Pinch
- Garam Masala ഗരം മസാല - ¼ Tea spoon
- Cooking oil എണ്ണ - 2 Table spoon
- Water - 3½ Cup
- Salt - to taste
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces, clean it, drain off the water and keep aside.
- Ginger-garlic paste, pepper powder, curd and salt should be made as a paste.
- Marinate chicken pieces with this paste and keep aside for minimum 20 minutes.
- Wash rice, drain it and keep aside.
- Chop the onion and coriander leaves. Slit the green chillies length wise.
- Heat 2 table spoon of oil in a non-stick cooking vessel. Put cinnamon, cloves and green cardamoms. Stir it for 30 seconds.
- Put onion, green chilli and salt. Sauté it well.
- When the onions turns golden brown, reduce the heat and put coriander powder, turmeric powder and garam masala. Stir it for 1 minute.
- To this, add marinated chicken pieces and half of the chopped coriander leaves. Sauté on a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Proceed to add rice and mix it well.
- Pour 3½ cup of water into it and combine well. Put salt to taste. Turn the heat to high and bring it to a boil.
- Now, reduce the heat and cook it covered about 15 minutes.
- Chicken pulao is ready. Turn off the heat and put remaining coriander leaves. Let it closed for another 10 minutes allowing all the spices to steep into it.
- Serve hot with salad/raita and enjoy the chicken pulao.
2) Cooking oil and be replaced by ghee or butter.
Author: Shaan Geo
According to me cooking is an equal-opportunity talent and I find that anybody can cook. It is not limited by the age, profession, caste, colour or creed of a person. What is needed is the love for cooking. For me the passion for cooking does not stop in the kitchen, when I travel, I continue to be inspired by eating in some of the best restaurants around the world.