Watch Video (മലയാളം)
Chicken cutlet is always a favorite of all non-veg lovers. Chefs and house wives prefer this snack because of its easiness in preparation whereas food lovers like it because they can eat it at any time as a snack or a starter. Here you go with the recipe of a delicious and protein rich Kerala style chicken cutlet.
- Chicken boneless - 250 gm
- Potato ഉരുളക്കിഴങ്ങ് - 2 Nos
- Chicken masala ചിക്കന് മസാല – 1 Tea spoon
- Chilli powder മുളകുപൊടി - 1 Tea spoon
- Turmeric powder മഞ്ഞള്പൊടി - 1 Pinch
- Pepper powder കുരുമുളകുപൊടി - ½ Tea Spoon
- Lemon juice നാരങ്ങാനീര് - 1 Tea spoon (optional)
- Onion സവോള - 1 No
- Ginger ഇഞ്ചി - 1 Inch piece
- Green chilli പച്ചമുളക് - 2 Nos
- Curry leaves കറിവേപ്പില - 1 Sprig
- Egg മുട്ട - 1 No
- Bread Crumbs റൊട്ടിപ്പൊടി - ½ Cup
- Cooking oil എണ്ണ - to deep fry
- Salt ഉപ്പ് – to taste
- Cut the chicken into small pieces and clean it well.
- Cook the chicken in a covered vessel by adding chicken masala, chilli powder, turmeric powder, lemon juice (optional), ¼ cup of water and salt. (When it starts boiling bring down the heat to medium. Don’t forget to give a stir in between)
- Pressure cook potatoes by adding salt and enough water to cover it. Peel and mash it.
- Chop ginger, green chillies, onion and curry leaves finely.
- Mince the cooked chicken.
- Heat 1 table spoon cooking oil in a pan. Put finely chopped ginger, green chilli, onion and curry leaves. Sauté it well. When it turns golden brown, add the minced chicken and stir until crispy.
- Remove from the heat and mix it well (using hand) with the mashed potatoes and ½ tea spoon of pepper powder. Your chicken cutlet mixture (called keema) is ready now.
- Break the egg, beat it and keep aside.
- Make small balls with the cutlet mixture, press to make it as a round shape and keep aside.
- Dip each ball in the beaten egg and roll it on the bread crumbs.
- Pour enough oil into a deep bottom pan and heat it. When the oil is hot reduce the flame to medium and deep fry the chicken cutlets by turning both sides.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce and onion salad.
- Refrigerate the mixture (keema) for 1 day before frying so that the cutlets won`t break.
- The keema can be refrigerated and store up to 15 days, so that you can prepare chicken cutlets instantly at any occasion.
Copyright © 2013 - 2023 Shaan Geo. All Rights Reserved.
Author: Shaan Geo
According to me cooking is an equal-opportunity talent and I find that anybody can cook. It is not limited by the age, profession, caste, colour or creed of a person. What is needed is the love for cooking. For me the passion for cooking does not stop in the kitchen, when I travel, I continue to be inspired by eating in some of the best restaurants around the world.
8 comments on “Chicken Cutlet”
Thank you very much Shreeja.
Thanks Rania 🙂
Thanks Thazni 🙂
Gr8. Will prepare 2day itself.
Thanks Latha 🙂
very nice recipe, mouth watering if we look the image.