- Chicken boneless - 250 gm
- Potato ഉരുളക്കിഴങ്ങ് - 2 Nos
- Chicken masala ചിക്കന് മസാല – 1 Tea spoon
- Chilli powder മുളകുപൊടി - 1 Tea spoon
- Turmeric powder മഞ്ഞള്പൊടി - 1 Pinch
- Pepper powder കുരുമുളകുപൊടി - ½ Tea Spoon
- Lemon juice നാരങ്ങാനീര് - 1 Tea spoon (optional)
- Onion സവോള - 1 No
- Ginger ഇഞ്ചി - 1 Inch piece
- Green chilli പച്ചമുളക് - 2 Nos
- Curry leaves കറിവേപ്പില - 1 Sprig
- Egg മുട്ട - 1 No
- Bread Crumbs റൊട്ടിപ്പൊടി - ½ Cup
- Cooking oil എണ്ണ - to deep fry
- Salt ഉപ്പ് – to taste
- Cut the chicken into small pieces and clean it well.
- Cook the chicken in a covered vessel by adding chicken masala, chilli powder, turmeric powder, lemon juice (optional), ¼ cup of water and salt. (When it starts boiling bring down the heat to medium. Don’t forget to give a stir in between)
- Pressure cook potatoes by adding salt and enough water to cover it. Peel and mash it.
- Chop ginger, green chillies, onion and curry leaves finely.
- Mince the cooked chicken.
- Heat 1 table spoon cooking oil in a pan. Put finely chopped ginger, green chilli, onion and curry leaves. Sauté it well. When it turns golden brown, add the minced chicken and stir until crispy.
- Remove from the heat and mix it well (using hand) with the mashed potatoes and ½ tea spoon of pepper powder. Your chicken cutlet mixture (called keema) is ready now.
- Break the egg, beat it and keep aside.
- Make small balls with the cutlet mixture, press to make it as a round shape and keep aside.
- Dip each ball in the beaten egg and roll it on the bread crumbs.
- Pour enough oil into a deep bottom pan and heat it. When the oil is hot reduce the flame to medium and deep fry the chicken cutlets by turning both sides.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce and onion salad.
2) The keema can be refrigerated and store up to 15 days, so that you can prepare chicken cutlets instantly at any occasion.
Author: Shaan Geo
According to me cooking is an equal-opportunity talent and I find that anybody can cook. It is not limited by the age, profession, caste, colour or creed of a person. What is needed is the love for cooking. For me the passion for cooking does not stop in the kitchen, when I travel, I continue to be inspired by eating in some of the best restaurants around the world.