- Idli (ഇഡിലി) – 5 Nos
- Onion (സവോള) – 1 No
- Carrot (കാരറ്റ്) – 1 No
- Capsicum – ½ of one
- Tomato (തക്കാളി) – 1 No
- Green chilli (പച്ചമുളക്) – 1 No
- Coriander leaves (മല്ലിയില) – 1 Sprig
- Cumin seeds (ജീരകം) – ¼ Tea Spoon
- Cinnamon (കറുവാപ്പട്ട) – 1 Inch piece
- Clove (ഗ്രാമ്പു) – 4 Nos
- Cardamom (ഏലക്ക) – 2 Nos
- Pepper powder (കുരുമുളകുപൊടി) – ¼ Tea Spoon
- Ghee (നെയ്യ്) – 1 Table spoon
- Salt (ഉപ്പ്) – to taste
- Cut the Idli into bite size (cube shape) pieces.
- Chop onion, carrot, capsicum, green chilli and coriander leaves finely.
- Cut the tomato, remove the seeds and chop it finely.
- Heat 1 table spoon of ghee in pan. Put cumin seeds and allow them to sizzle. Put cinnamon, clove and cardamom. Stir it for few seconds. (medium heat)
- Add chopped onion, green chilli, capsicum, carrot and salt. Sauté it well.
- When it is 80% cooked, add chopped tomatoes and sauté it for few more minutes.
- Proceed to add idli pieces, coriander leaves and pepper powder. Combine well and cook it about 2-3 minutes by stirring occasionally.
- Idli delight is ready for serving, transfer to the serving dish.
Author: Shaan Geo
According to me cooking is an equal-opportunity talent and I find that anybody can cook. It is not limited by the age, profession, caste, colour or creed of a person. What is needed is the love for cooking. For me the passion for cooking does not stop in the kitchen, when I travel, I continue to be inspired by eating in some of the best restaurants around the world.