- Idli ഇഡിലി - 5 Nos
- Onion സവോള - 1 No
- Carrot കാരറ്റ് - 1 No
- Capsicum ½ of one
- Tomato തക്കാളി - 1 No
- Green chilli പച്ചമുളക് - 1 No
- Coriander leaves മല്ലിയില - 1 Sprig
- Cumin seeds ജീരകം - ¼ Tea Spoon
- Cinnamon കറുവാപ്പട്ട - 1 Inch piece
- Clove ഗ്രാമ്പു - 4 Nos
- Cardamom ഏലക്ക - 2 Nos
- Pepper powder കുരുമുളകുപൊടി - ¼ Tea Spoon
- Ghee നെയ്യ് - 1 Table spoon
- Salt ഉപ്പ് – to taste
- Cut the Idli into bite size (cube shape) pieces.
- Chop onion, carrot, capsicum, green chilli and coriander leaves finely.
- Cut the tomato, remove the seeds and chop it finely.
- Heat 1 table spoon of ghee in pan. Put cumin seeds and allow them to sizzle. Put cinnamon, clove and cardamom. Stir it for few seconds. (medium heat)
- Add chopped onion, green chilli, capsicum, carrot and salt. Sauté it well.
- When it is 80% cooked, add chopped tomatoes and sauté it for few more minutes.
- Proceed to add idli pieces, coriander leaves and pepper powder. Combine well and cook it about 2-3 minutes by stirring occasionally.
- Idli delight is ready for serving, transfer to the serving dish.
Author: Shaan Geo
According to me cooking is an equal-opportunity talent and I find that anybody can cook. It is not limited by the age, profession, caste, colour or creed of a person. What is needed is the love for cooking. For me the passion for cooking does not stop in the kitchen, when I travel, I continue to be inspired by eating in some of the best restaurants around the world.
14 comments on “Idli Delight”
You are welcome Jainy, thanks for taking time to share your feedback here.
I am also fond of cooking and like to experiment a lot. Will try this one for sure.
Raghavan, Glad to know that you love cooking very much. Please share your feedback after trying this recipe. Have fun in the kitchen 🙂
Recently I have started going through your blog….. I am gonna try a few of your dishes….. but my personal opinion is that for sure your dishes will be tasty.. coz it looks so…… I have two kids and they love me cooking new recipes….. so I am gonna try your dishes sir and definitely everyone loves kerala recipes… and that too… payasam… I am very fond of it. Please do send me any new recipes you try & also send more payasam recipes….
Priya, Thank you so much for such a wonderful feedback. Happy to know that you love Kerala payasam very much. I have already posted three payasam recipes. Please check it out here. Will try to include more. Once again thanks for your kind words of encouragement.
Looks wonderful will try this tomorrow (Sunday).
Thanks Salilal, hope you will share the feedback.
I ll try it today. Wonderful recipe. Shan rock…
Thank you very much Jimsha 🙂
Thanks Fatima 🙂
Hi Shaan, presentation is more important in coking. That is there in your recipes, which intend to cook that recipe on seeing it. I love cooking and like it to present in a pleasant way. All receipes are good and simple to do.
Gomathi, Thanks a lot for sharing your feedback.
Good idea for Moms to help their kids to have vegs, Thank you.