Pazham Pori / Ethakka appam
- Ripe plantain (ഏത്തപ്പഴം) – 3 Nos
- All purpose flour (മൈദ) – 1 Cup
- Rice flour (അരിപ്പൊടി) – 1 Table spoon
- Sugar (പഞ്ചസാര) – 1 Table spoon
- Turmeric powder (മഞ്ഞള്പൊടി) – 1 Pinch (optional)
- Water – ¾ Cup
- Salt (ഉപ്പ്) – to taste
- Oil (എണ്ണ) – to deep fry
- Peel the plantains and slit it lengthwise.
- In a bowl, take all purpose flour, rice flour, sugar, turmeric powder and salt. Blend it nicely by adding ¾ cup of water.
- Dip the plantain slices in the prepared batter and evenly coat them.
- Heat the oil in a deep bottom pan. When it is hot, deep fry the batter coated plantain slices by turning both sides till golden brown.
- Serve the pazham pori hot with a cup of tea after draining the excess oil using a paper towel.
2) You can also use ‘atta flour’ instead of all purpose flour.
Author: Shaan Geo
Myself, Shaan Geo basically a Software Engineer started my career in IT Industry. I have had a passion for food and cooking from an early age. This habit made me keep an eye out for the new variants of food and the different cuisines where ever I go. According to me cooking is an equal-opportunity talent and I find that anybody can cook. It is not limited by the age, profession, caste, colour or creed of a person. What is needed is the love for cooking. For me passion for cooking does not stop in the kitchen, when I travel, I continue to be inspired by eating in some of the best restaurants around the world.