- Egg മുട്ട - 5 Nos
- Potato ഉരുളക്കിഴങ്ങ് - 2 Nos
- Ginger ഇഞ്ചി - 1 inch piece
- Green chilli പച്ചമുളക് - 2 Nos
- Shallots ചെറിയ ഉള്ളി - 12 Nos
- Curry leaves കറിവേപ്പില - 1 Sprig
- Pepper powder കുരുമുളകുപൊടി - ½ Tea Spoon
- Bread Crumbs റൊട്ടിപ്പൊടി - ½ Cup
- Cooking oil എണ്ണ - for deep frying
- Salt ഉപ്പ് – to taste
- Pressure cook potatoes by adding salt and enough water to cover it. Mash it and keep aside.
- Chop ginger, green chillies, shallots and curry leaves finely.
- Heat 1 table spoon cooking oil in a pan and put finely chopped ginger, green chillies, shallots, curry leaves and a little salt. Saute till golden brown.
- Break 4 Eggs and pour it into the roasted mixture. Stir well and roast it. Add salt to taste.
- Remove from the flame and mix it well (using hand) with the mashed potatoes and pepper powder.
- Make small balls with the mixture, press to make it as a round shape and keep aside.
- Dip each ball in the beaten egg (remaining 1 egg) and roll it on the bread crumbs.
- Pour enough oil into a deep bottom pan and heat it. When the oil is hot reduce the flame to medium and deep fry the egg cutlets by turning both sides.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce and onion salad.
Author: Shaan Geo
According to me cooking is an equal-opportunity talent and I find that anybody can cook. It is not limited by the age, profession, caste, colour or creed of a person. What is needed is the love for cooking. For me the passion for cooking does not stop in the kitchen, when I travel, I continue to be inspired by eating in some of the best restaurants around the world.
32 comments on “Egg Cutlet”
Thanks Afeela 🙂
It is unbelievable, I never had this, now I am going to make this.
Thank you Meena, Hope you will like the Egg cutlet.
very very nice, I never had this, I like it.
Hi Bincy, Thank you so much for your kind words. I am happy that you liked it.
Hi, Your recipes are ultimate. I have tried some. I always used to have the same cutlet in hotels outside. Never knew how to prepare it at home. Thank u for such a good recipe. Please post some more non veg dishes of Kerala. I like Kerala dishes a lot.
Hi Ashu, Thanks a bunch for your nice words of encouragement also for leaving your feedback here. It is a great pleasure to know that you tried Egg Cutlet and it came out well for you. Definitely I will be posting more non-veg recipes in the near future. Thanks again for such wonderful feedback.
Mouth watering recipe. I want to try this. One small doubt. Is it deep fry or shall I try with pan with little oil?
Hi Vasantha, Thank you very much for your nice words. You can deep fry or shallow fry (frying in a pan by adding a little oil) it.
I tried this last Sunday with pan. My kids loved it. Thank you.
You are welcome Vasantha. It is pleasure to know that your kids loved it. Thanks for trying this recipe and also for leaving your feedback here.
I am a cutlet lover, but never had this. I will surely make it..
Hi Shani, Thanks for the comment. Please share your feedback if you happen to try this recipe.
Hi Shaan thank you so much for this recipe.. now my three year old daughter starts to eat egg.
You are welcome Elizabeth. It is pleasure to know that your kid likes it 🙂
Dear Shaan, Thank you so much for this recipe. I never had this. but I will try…. thank u again for this new idea….. Regards, Vincy.
You are welcome Vincy. As you said it is a new idea. Hope you will like it. Please let me know your feedback.
Am going to make it for the 1st time… hope my hus like it.
Hi Asha, Thanks for the comment. Good luck 🙂
Thanks for this. Will definitely try.
Thanks Renju 🙂
I have never come across this site before, today by mistake I opened it & you won’t believe it, I liked all the recipes & today itself I am going to try two recipes. I have prepared egg cutlet before but this seems more easier and tasty. Please do post some more egg recipes. Thanks & Regards, Reena.
Thanks a lot Reena for such a wonderful feedback. I am really glad to know that you like all the recipes posted here and going to try two recipes everyday. Waiting for your feedback, Happy cooking 🙂
Hi Shaan, I loved this recipe. Please have some more variety of food.
Linu, Thanks for the feedback. I will try to add more varieties.
Hi Sir, thanks for giving a different type cutlet recipe it was really tasty & yummy.
Welcome Shankar 🙂 Thanks for the feedback.
You are welcome Ajmala 🙂
Thank u so much for recipie. It came well.
its different n good