- Egg മുട്ട - 5 Nos
- Potato ഉരുളക്കിഴങ്ങ് - 2 Nos
- Ginger ഇഞ്ചി - 1 inch piece
- Green chilli പച്ചമുളക് - 2 Nos
- Shallots ചെറിയ ഉള്ളി - 12 Nos
- Curry leaves കറിവേപ്പില - 1 Sprig
- Pepper powder കുരുമുളകുപൊടി - ½ Tea Spoon
- Bread Crumbs റൊട്ടിപ്പൊടി - ½ Cup
- Cooking oil എണ്ണ - for deep frying
- Salt ഉപ്പ് – to taste
- Pressure cook potatoes by adding salt and enough water to cover it. Mash it and keep aside.
- Chop ginger, green chillies, shallots and curry leaves finely.
- Heat 1 table spoon cooking oil in a pan and put finely chopped ginger, green chillies, shallots, curry leaves and a little salt. Saute till golden brown.
- Break 4 Eggs and pour it into the roasted mixture. Stir well and roast it. Add salt to taste.
- Remove from the flame and mix it well (using hand) with the mashed potatoes and pepper powder.
- Make small balls with the mixture, press to make it as a round shape and keep aside.
- Dip each ball in the beaten egg (remaining 1 egg) and roll it on the bread crumbs.
- Pour enough oil into a deep bottom pan and heat it. When the oil is hot reduce the flame to medium and deep fry the egg cutlets by turning both sides.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce and onion salad.
Author: Shaan Geo
According to me cooking is an equal-opportunity talent and I find that anybody can cook. It is not limited by the age, profession, caste, colour or creed of a person. What is needed is the love for cooking. For me the passion for cooking does not stop in the kitchen, when I travel, I continue to be inspired by eating in some of the best restaurants around the world.